NYSC: Things You Must Take Along To NYSC Orientation Camp
You are reading this article probably because you have been Mobilized by NYSC, a prospective corper or better still a parent who is helping out his/her child source for necessary information as regards NYSC camp requirements.
The NYSC orientation camp lasts for three weeks. And you have to go there well prepared. Your preparation includes getting and packing everything that you will need at the camp.
Here’s a compiled a list of essential things you need to take with you to camp aka “NYSC camp requirements”
- Authentic Student ID card (Original and Photocopies)
- Certificate /Statement of Result from your School If you are a Medical Doctor or a Pharmacist you will be expected to come along with the original copy of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
- NYSC Call-up letter
- Recent Passport Photographs
Going to camp with the above listed documents and items will get you through your registration up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT.
The NYSC kit consists 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts, 2 pair of white shorts, One NYSC crested vest, a pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers), a crested NYSC cap, a pair of Jungle boots, a pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
It’s ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp.
Other recommended items are:
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Bath soap & Sponge
- Detergent & Bar Soap
- Toilet Paper&Towel
- Sanitary Pads & Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Buckets & Bailer
- Body Cream & Lotion
- White T-shirts & Shorts
- Whites tennis shoes & socks
- Bed sheets
- Perfumes/ body spray
- Rubber slippers/flip flops
- Combs, hair needs, Makeup & accessories
- Torch lights
- Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
- Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
- Handkerchiefs/face towels
- MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.