The first FRSC Celebrity Special Marshals Annual Lecture will hold at Renaissance Hotel. GRA Ikeja Lagos On Friday, November 10, 2017 starting from 11am.
The Lecture with The Theme: “Ember Months, The Rush, The Myth And Subsequent Effect” will be delivered by the Corps Marshal Of The FRSC Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, alongside other eminent keynote speakers
This was disclosed in a joint press release signed by Chris Kehinde Nwandu (Coordinator), Segun Arinze (Lagos Unit Coordinator) and Ogee Onazi (FCT Unit Coordinator) stated that the FRSC Celebrity Special Marshals was established in 2001 to assist the FRSC In Propagating the gospel of safe driving Among Nigerians. educate and enlighten, as well as to act as Ambassadors of Road Safety as part of their Corporate Social Responsibilities to the Society.
The Lecture will be delivered by the Corps Marshal of the FRSC Dr Boboye Oyeyemi and will be attended by dignatories across the country.
The lecture is geared towards lending our voice in the fight to curb rising cases of accidents on our roads.
The Celebrity Special Marshals are made up Volunteer Celebrities cut across the Media, Music, Comedy, Nollywood and other Mass Communication spectrum.Membership Of the Group currently stands at over a hundred members.
The Celebrity Marshals also engage in raising funds to assist the FRSC procure working tools for its various activities
The annual lecture was instituted to achieve the following objectives:
- To Create a forum to evaluate the activities of the FRSC.
- To Proffer Solutions To Some Of The Challenges Being faced By The lead Agency
- To Serve As An Avenue For Interaction Between FRSC And Key Stakeholders.
- To Create A Platform For The Agency To Inform The Public Of Its Activities And Programmes and areas of needs.
- Act as An Avenue To Kick start The Ember Months Campaign
- To Raise Funds for Celebrity Special Marshals Activities
The Event will be a yearly event incorporated into the Annual Calendar of the FRSC and will be held
the ember months (September-December)
The event will be attended by dignatories, key stakeholders and members of the public