32 People Killed During Gunmen Attack Buried in Sokoto

0 189

The 32 persons killed during the attack by gunmen in Gandi village and nearby communities of Rabah Local Government Area of Sokoto State were buried on Wednesday.

Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal Governor assured families of the victims taking refuge at Rabah that government would take speedy measures to address the problem and ensure their return to their villages.

“Government will continue to work with all security agencies in ensuring the safety of the people especially at this difficult times,’’ Tambuwal said while addressing the people.

Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Sokoto command, Cordelia Nwawe, said that the Commissioner of Police, Murtala Mani, had moved to Rabah to assess the situation and ascertain how many people were affected.

Alhaji Muhammadu Bello Aliyu, the Sarkin Rafin Dan Tassakko, a village head in Goronyo, said hundreds of people had been displaced by the attack.

“As I am talking to you, we have significant number of them who fled to our community, majority of them women and children,” he said

A witness, Malam Ali Na-Huro of Tabbani village, disclosed to newsmen that the gunmen attacked Tabanni community on July 9, killed people and set all houses ablaze.

Na-Huro said that he was working on his farm when the attack occurred and while escaping, he saw more than 30 dead bodies.

“I  passed more than 30 corpses, while many others fell into the river surrounding our village,” he said.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: